One of the IOAs most popular courses is the Teach English Online and 120 hour TESOL Course.
Through these courses you can learn everything from different types of jobs and how to get them, attracting students, equipment you need, managing classroom, teaching techniques and more.
There are many countries requiring English Teachers online. China for example has a high demand for teachers. However, they do require a TESOL or TEFL certificate. To get a TESOL/TEFL certificate you need to complete a course. The International Open Academy have a great accredited TESOL and TEFL certificate courses.
What is the difference between TESOL and TEFL?
TESOL means Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages, and is sometimes referred to as a TEFL certificate – which means Teaching English as a Foreign Language. TESOL is primarily referenced in North America while TEFL is used more in Europe and Australia.
With a TESOL/TEFL certificate, you show the schools that you’re applying to that you know how to teach – from lesson planning and classroom management to theory and pedagogical techniques.
What you learn on the IOA 120-hour TESOL Course?
Through the various modules you learn:
- How to motivate students who are new to the English language.
- How to use a student’s primary language to teach them a new language.
- The basics of linguistics, which will help bridge the gap between the students’ primary language and English.
- All the reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills you will need to impart in your students.
- Basic pedagogical techniques
- Classroom management strategies
- How to get hired abroad
What is the pass rate in order to be certified?
- To receive certification, you must:
- Complete every page of the course
- Score at least 55% on the exam at the end of the course
After successfully completing the course, you immediately received your PDF course certificate which you can immediately add to your CV.
All courses are accredited by the International Council for Online Educational Standards – https://icoes.org/ (accreditation number ICOES/00763/13/36).
International Open Academy is also an officially approved TQUK (Training Qualifications UK) center, with the TQUK Center Number: C001157.
TQUK is a national awarding body recognized by the UK Government and regulated by Ofqual (The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation).